The 9th ICAAP organising committee is pleased to extend medical facilities and services of the Sanglah General Hospital during the Congress. The Sanglah General Hospital will provide a comprehensive medical services for congress delegates, including ARV and methadone prescribing and dispensing, from Friday, 7 August to Saturday, 8 August at the Inna Grand Bali Beach Hotel, Sanur when the pre-congress community forum is taking place, and from Sunday, 9 August to Thursday, 13 August at the Bali International Convention Center during the congress. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for further inquiries about the medical services and facilities during the 9th ICAAP.
ARRIVING IN INDONESIA
- Kindly arrange your own health and travel insurance prior to your trip to Indonesia. Keep all documentations with you upon entry and during your stay in Indonesia.
- If you are under medical treatment, do not forget to bring your medical records (in English or Indonesian/Malay) specifying your conditions and the treatment you are following. This will help you get appropriate treatment in the event of medical emergency.
- You are strongly encouraged to bring your own medication in sufficient quantities during your stay in Indonesia.
- If you are undergoing methadone treatment outside of Indonesia, and require methadone prescribing and dispensing while in Bali, you must provide a letter from your doctor in your home country, confirming that you are currently being treated and describing the prescription of methadone you currently receive.
- Please forward a copy of this letter to email@example.com prior to your arrival in Indonesia, and carry another copy as you travel to Indonesia. All information supplied to us will be kept in confidence , will only be available to congress medical staff, and will be destroyed after the Congress.
- You may also bring Methadone in sufficient quantity during your travel to Indonesia, provided that you also bring along your doctor’s prescription which includes the patient’s name, doctor’s name, and the dose required
- The International Narcotics Control Board has published a travellers form for travellers under treatment who are carrying medical preparations containing narcotic drugs and/or psychotropic substances. This form can be downloaded from the International Narcotics Control Board website www.incb.org/incb/en/guidelines_travellers.html#annex1.
- Should you wish to bring methadone while travelling, we recommend that you print off the INCB form and ask your local doctor to complete it. You should then carry one copy of this form with you while travelling.
- If you wish, you may also email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org as an additional precaution. Any information supplied to us will be kept in confidence, will only be available to congress medical staff, and will be destroyed after the congress.
For the directory of medical centres during the congres, download here!
For a list of ARV drugs available in Bali, download here!