To register for the 9th ICAAP, you must create a web account.
Click here to create your account.
Important Notice: Scholarship Application has closed. Result of scholarship review has been finalized for all categories in May 2009. 9th ICAAP Scholarships have been awarded to 485 people in June 2009.
Scholarship Application should be submitted online through our website between 1 December 2008-30 April 2009. The scholarship will be awarded in May 2009.
Those who cannot access the website may contact the Secretariat to obtain the scholarship application form, which should be returned by mail or via courier to the Secretariat.
Types of Scholarships
There are limited numbers of scholarships which fall under four categories:
1. Community Scholarships
This category includes people working in community-based organisations and members of key populations and community groups (LGBTIQ, MSM, ethnic minorities, sex workers, indigeneous people, active and/or recovering drug users, internally displaced persons/refugees, slum residents, migrant workers).
2. Scientific Scholarships (for healthcare professionals, researchers, and/or graduate students)
This category includes healthcare professionals, scientific researchers and postgraduate students, both clinical and social sciences.
3. Media Scholarships
This category is for members of media organizations seeking support to travel to the Congress. Registration for journalists is free at the 9th ICAAP. Those seeking scholarships should also submit the credentials required for media registration (see section on Media)
4. Youth Scholarships
This category is for those aged less than 26 years old on 13th August 2009, including those currently enrolled full time in an educational institution and homeless/street youth.
Scholarships are given to developing country professionals, with priority to those from the Asia-Pacific region. There will be limited sponsorships for each country.
Priority will be given to applicants
- who apply for partial scholarship.
- who have submitted an abstract(s) for the Congress
- who are currently active in their communities and have the ability to take the benefits of this experience back to their communities to offer local/national training.
- who are in professions which are traditionally not high-paying.
- attending the ICAAP for the first time.
Priority will be given to those who have completed and returned the application forms earlier.
The scholarship coverage will include either (1) airfare to Bali, Indonesia, (2) accomodations, (3) per diems, and/or (4) pre-congress activities.
Are you ready to submit your 9th ICAAP scholarship application? Please read how to submit your scholarship application, here!
Bali Convention Centre
- Vacancy: ASAP Executive Director
- Goodbye Bali, hello Busan!
- Plenary rejects double standards
- Universal Access still tough challenge
- Indonesia sees progress: President
- 9th ICAAP gets underway in Bali
- A Call for Stronger Commitment to Universal Access
- 9th ICAAP Security & Safety Statement
- Community Roles as a Key in AIDS Response
- 9th ICAAP Expresses Condolence